5 Easy Desk Stretches You Should Be Doing Daily
1. An easy way to combat neck pain is with the chin tuck, a great postural exercise that helps to stretch and strengthen the muscles that pull your neck back. It might also look like you're enthusiastically nodding at your to-do list because you just can't wait to get started....
2. When you know you've completely aced your to-do list for the morning, place your hands behind your head and lean back into your chair. Maybe give yourself a little pat on the back while your hand is back there - good job!
3. We love this one. Like waking up in the morning or from a really good nap and you just, stretch it all out. Raise your arms and reach them out in front of you, interlocking your fingers and really pulling that stretch. Pull your legs up and extend your feet with toes up towards the ceiling. Man, that feels good.
4. This one isn't subtle, you might get a few eyebrow raises but, we never let that get in the way of a good stretch. As you raise your right hand over your head, pull your left arm across your body reaching round touch the right-hand rest of your desk chair. Try it again switching sides.
5. We debated on calling this one the "Friday Stretch" because we can't help but wiggle with excitement when the weekend comes. Using the popular jazz hands movement for your feet and your hands, shake it all about it. This little number will loosen up your wrists and ankles that stiffen up throughout a daily desk job.
Join our Facebook community. We've got a New Year's Resolution that is simple, worth sharing and worth talking about. #Stressless17