Stretch · Release · Relax
A New Way to Unwind
Discover the stretch, the release and the ultimate relaxation. Inspired by yoga-style stretches, the new HoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is preprogrammed with four sequences. Using a simple, handheld control, every treatment can be customised to perfect the intensity and suit your flexibility. STRETCH is for the yoga-less and the yoga lovers, combine your treatments with deep, slow breathing to unlock and enhance your relaxation.
“This is the best lower back stretch I’ve had. It’s so good”
It’s not breaking news that stretching every day is good for you. There are many benefits of limbering up for the day ahead whether you’re tied to the desk or staying active, stretching at least once a day can leave you feeling livelier and less stressed.
“Just the tonic for stiff backs”
Inspired by yoga, STRETCH guides you through a range of sequences, delivering the many benefits of calm and controlled stretching without leaving your mat. Every treatment has been designed by our yoga pro, the air chambers inflate gently to encourage your lumbar to stretch, release and relax.
HoMedics Back Stretching Mat
For The Best Everyday Stretches:
Tips on how to get the best from STRETCH
- By Karen Brown, Yoga instructor and Head Designer at HoMedics
1. Relax and let the mat do the work
Try to mindfully scan each part of your body during the treatment, and wherever you sense tension, consciously release that tension by allowing your body to become heavier and softer. The motion created by STRETCH will move your body without you needing to exert any effort. In fact, the more you relax, the greater the benefits will be.
2. Enhancing the twist action
For programs that include a twisting movement, the benefits can be further enhanced by adding a gentle turn of the head as described below:
• During a shoulder twist, try turning your head slowly in the direction of the twist. Allow the head to be heavy and the ear to sink down towards the mat. Move the head gently back to centre as the shoulder comes back down, before repeating on the other side.
• During a hip twist, keep the upper body relaxed and both shoulders heavy. Allow the hip to be lifted without resistance. As the right hip lifts, try turning the head to the left side and vice versa. Always move gently and return to a neutral position in between movements. If there is any discomfort in the neck, make the movements smaller or try using a pillow either side to rest the head on as you turn.
3. Using your breath
If you feel tension or slight discomfort during the treatment program, try to visualise directing your breath to the area of tension. Breathe slowly and deeply, in and out through the nose. If it feels okay, you can also try extending the out breath making it up to 50% longer than the in-breath. To get into this rhythm try counting to 4 on the in-breath and 6 on the out-breath. Sink deeper into the mat as you exhale.
4. Try varying your position on the mat
STRETCH has been cleverly designed to work for people of all different shapes and sizes. You can subtly change the feel of your treatments by moving slightly closer to either the top or bottom of the mat as you lie down. The effect will be different for everyone, dependant on your height and proportions, so give it a try and find your favourite position.
5. Get in the habit of regular treatments
Treatments can be repeated as often as feels good for you, but as with anything new, always start gently and build up your regime as your body becomes accustomed. We recommend starting with a gentle ‘stretch’ treatment on level 1 and waiting at least 48 hours before the next treatment. Then slowly build up to daily or twice daily treatments, as desired.
Please note: We recommend checking the support manual if you have a medical condition before purchasing or using STRETCH
- Customer ReviewsHoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is rated out of 5 by 50.Rated 5 out of 5 by Belinda from CFS and spine curvature I have 4 spine curvatures and a fatigue syndrome which makes yoga too hard for me. So, the varied intensity settings and programme on this mat are really good and have helped me to start gently. My chiropractor reviewed the mat and approved. Hoping this is going to help me strengthen my back between treatments. Very pleased with thisDate published: 2018-12-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Binankii from Brilliant! I absolutely love this mat, I have been using it every day for a week now and can’t get enough. I find it very relaxing and easy to use, the results are not instant but I can feel it really stretcing my back every time I use it. Well worth the money spent.Date published: 2018-11-30Rated 4 out of 5 by Captain from Does the job I haven’t tried it yet bus my wife has. She says it is deffo helping her as she has trouble with her leg. Hopefully it will help my lower back. I’m not expecting a cure but just some relief. Quality good and stores easy.Date published: 2018-11-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Claire Joffe from I love it! This is the best money I have spent for some time. I have used the mat every day since it arrived a week ago. I feel better for doing the stretches and have even noticed improvements in my posture already. The health benefits are significant - increased flexibility, focussed breathing and relaxation whilst using the mat, general feeling of wellbeing. I haven't missed a day on the mat. I am now going to buy one for my sister. Many thanks.Date published: 2018-11-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Catherine from Already making a difference I have had the stretch mat for under a week and have used it every day. My back already feels more supple and I have had less pain in general and when gardening.Date published: 2018-08-21Rated 3 out of 5 by Backwoman from Disappointed I was rather disappointed with the quality of the covering on the stretch mat, and the one delivered to me was rather mis-shapen. My mat was faulty, as the head end cushion on one side would not inflate at all, and the opposite one seemed to very much over inflate. Despite purchasing at the reduced price, I still did not feel the product was good value. Because of the faults I decided to request a refund rather than a replacement. The customer service team were very good in dealing with that.Date published: 2018-08-20Rated 5 out of 5 by Yoga student from Stretching Mat I bought this mat about a week ago for a bit of massage purposesDate published: 2018-08-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Only been using the stretch Only been using the stretch mat for one week,seems to working, so far so goodDate published: 2018-04-26
- Q & A
Hi, 6ft 4” tall... are there any limits on height with this product...?Dear BigDee, We have tested this item with a 6ft 3" man and he could use this comfortably. We do have a 30 day returns policy so in the case that you did not find it suitable you would still be able to return for a refund. Kind regards, HoMedics Customer Services.Date published: 2018-12-06
Can I use it with cervical stenosis? Dear Ej33, We always recommend that you consult your medical professional as they have all the information required to inform you if the item would be suitable for you. Kind regards HoMedics customer services.Date published: 2018-12-06
Can it be used for someone with a bulging disc an arthritis of the spineAs we are unable to offer any medical advise, please consult your GP regarding this question.Date published: 2018-12-05
Is there a weight limit for the user please?Hi Ceejay1973, Thank you for contacting Homedics. 120 Kg is the recommended maximum weight for this item. Kind regardsDate published: 2018-11-27
Is there a weight limit on this mat ?We have no official weight limit to the Stretch system, is has been real life tested at 120kg (18 Stone) and the system performs just fine.Date published: 2018-12-03
Can this be used in bed at night
Can we use it 3 times a day Can I use the 4 steps one after the other