Stretch · Release · Relax
A New Way to Unwind
Discover the stretch, the release and the ultimate relaxation. Inspired by yoga-style stretches, the new HoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is preprogrammed with four sequences. Using a simple, handheld control, every treatment can be customised to perfect the intensity and suit your flexibility. STRETCH is for the yoga-less and the yoga lovers, combine your treatments with deep, slow breathing to unlock and enhance your relaxation.
“This is the best lower back stretch I’ve had. It’s so good”
It’s not breaking news that stretching every day is good for you. There are many benefits of limbering up for the day ahead whether you’re tied to the desk or staying active, stretching at least once a day can leave you feeling livelier and less stressed.
“Just the tonic for stiff backs”
Inspired by yoga, STRETCH guides you through a range of sequences, delivering the many benefits of calm and controlled stretching without leaving your mat. Every treatment has been designed by our yoga pro, the air chambers inflate gently to encourage your lumbar to stretch, release and relax.
HoMedics Back Stretching Mat
For The Best Everyday Stretches:
Tips on how to get the best from STRETCH
- By Karen Brown, Yoga instructor and Head Designer at HoMedics
1. Relax and let the mat do the work
Try to mindfully scan each part of your body during the treatment, and wherever you sense tension, consciously release that tension by allowing your body to become heavier and softer. The motion created by STRETCH will move your body without you needing to exert any effort. In fact, the more you relax, the greater the benefits will be.
2. Enhancing the twist action
For programs that include a twisting movement, the benefits can be further enhanced by adding a gentle turn of the head as described below:
• During a shoulder twist, try turning your head slowly in the direction of the twist. Allow the head to be heavy and the ear to sink down towards the mat. Move the head gently back to centre as the shoulder comes back down, before repeating on the other side.
• During a hip twist, keep the upper body relaxed and both shoulders heavy. Allow the hip to be lifted without resistance. As the right hip lifts, try turning the head to the left side and vice versa. Always move gently and return to a neutral position in between movements. If there is any discomfort in the neck, make the movements smaller or try using a pillow either side to rest the head on as you turn.
3. Using your breath
If you feel tension or slight discomfort during the treatment program, try to visualise directing your breath to the area of tension. Breathe slowly and deeply, in and out through the nose. If it feels okay, you can also try extending the out breath making it up to 50% longer than the in-breath. To get into this rhythm try counting to 4 on the in-breath and 6 on the out-breath. Sink deeper into the mat as you exhale.
4. Try varying your position on the mat
STRETCH has been cleverly designed to work for people of all different shapes and sizes. You can subtly change the feel of your treatments by moving slightly closer to either the top or bottom of the mat as you lie down. The effect will be different for everyone, dependant on your height and proportions, so give it a try and find your favourite position.
5. Get in the habit of regular treatments
Treatments can be repeated as often as feels good for you, but as with anything new, always start gently and build up your regime as your body becomes accustomed. We recommend starting with a gentle ‘stretch’ treatment on level 1 and waiting at least 48 hours before the next treatment. Then slowly build up to daily or twice daily treatments, as desired.
Please note: We recommend checking the support manual if you have a medical condition before purchasing or using STRETCH
- Customer ReviewsHoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is rated out of 5 by 44.Rated 5 out of 5 by Yoga student from Stretching Mat I bought this mat about a week ago for a bit of massage purposesDate published: 2018-08-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Only been using the stretch Only been using the stretch mat for one week,seems to working, so far so goodDate published: 2018-04-26Rated 4 out of 5 by Simon from Yoga mat does what it says it does The mat stretches my back and already has helped my posture and the pain in my neckDate published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Marg from Amazing back stretching mat I suffer with back and muscle pain and this mat has eased my pain every programme has eased somewhere different. Very easy to use and my family all wanting to try it out the best present I have ever bought myselfDate published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Laurelei D. from Sooooo good! IŠ—Ève only had mine a few days, but have already reaped loads of benefit from it. IŠ—Èd been suffering from strange mid-back pain I couldnŠ—Èt quite manage to stretch myself, but this gives such a nice all over stretch, the pain, which was getting quite bad, into spasm stages, has all but disappeared.Date published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Ove j. from Stretch mat Impressed with the delivery, all on time as promised, the on line ordering also no problem easy to follow. I would use you again.Date published: 2018-01-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Lisa from Amazing Absolutely brilliant I’ve had lower back pain for years but using this every other day for the past 2 weeks the pain has goneDate published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by Shirley P. from Fabulous stretch all round Order arrived very promptly. Very easy to assemble and get on with anywhere, anytime. Feels like a deep tissue massage at the same time. Need to give it a few more weeks to fully scope out the claims of this mat. Would have liked more information on which muscles are involved in the workout as I am very tight in hip flexors and hamstrings. Well made concept. A bit on the pricey side but if if does the job and gives me flexibility lost due to a desk job then price wise it is invaluable. Loving it so far. Good guarantee too.Date published: 2018-01-24
- Q & A
Is there a weight limit on this mat ?We have no official weight limit to the Stretch system, is has been real life tested at 120kg (18 Stone) and the system performs just fine.Date published: 2018-08-17