Stretch · Release · Relax
A New Way to Unwind
Discover the stretch, the release and the ultimate relaxation. Inspired by yoga-style stretches, the new HoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is preprogrammed with four sequences. Using a simple, handheld control, every treatment can be customised to perfect the intensity and suit your flexibility. STRETCH is for the yoga-less and the yoga lovers, combine your treatments with deep, slow breathing to unlock and enhance your relaxation.
“This is the best lower back stretch I’ve had. It’s so good”
It’s not breaking news that stretching every day is good for you. There are many benefits of limbering up for the day ahead whether you’re tied to the desk or staying active, stretching at least once a day can leave you feeling livelier and less stressed.
“Just the tonic for stiff backs”
Inspired by yoga, STRETCH guides you through a range of sequences, delivering the many benefits of calm and controlled stretching without leaving your mat. Every treatment has been designed by our yoga pro, the air chambers inflate gently to encourage your lumbar to stretch, release and relax.
HoMedics Back Stretching Mat
For The Best Everyday Stretches:
Tips on how to get the best from STRETCH
- By Karen Brown, Yoga instructor and Head Designer at HoMedics
1. Relax and let the mat do the work
Try to mindfully scan each part of your body during the treatment, and wherever you sense tension, consciously release that tension by allowing your body to become heavier and softer. The motion created by STRETCH will move your body without you needing to exert any effort. In fact, the more you relax, the greater the benefits will be.
2. Enhancing the twist action
For programs that include a twisting movement, the benefits can be further enhanced by adding a gentle turn of the head as described below:
• During a shoulder twist, try turning your head slowly in the direction of the twist. Allow the head to be heavy and the ear to sink down towards the mat. Move the head gently back to centre as the shoulder comes back down, before repeating on the other side.
• During a hip twist, keep the upper body relaxed and both shoulders heavy. Allow the hip to be lifted without resistance. As the right hip lifts, try turning the head to the left side and vice versa. Always move gently and return to a neutral position in between movements. If there is any discomfort in the neck, make the movements smaller or try using a pillow either side to rest the head on as you turn.
3. Using your breath
If you feel tension or slight discomfort during the treatment program, try to visualise directing your breath to the area of tension. Breathe slowly and deeply, in and out through the nose. If it feels okay, you can also try extending the out breath making it up to 50% longer than the in-breath. To get into this rhythm try counting to 4 on the in-breath and 6 on the out-breath. Sink deeper into the mat as you exhale.
4. Try varying your position on the mat
STRETCH has been cleverly designed to work for people of all different shapes and sizes. You can subtly change the feel of your treatments by moving slightly closer to either the top or bottom of the mat as you lie down. The effect will be different for everyone, dependant on your height and proportions, so give it a try and find your favourite position.
5. Get in the habit of regular treatments
Treatments can be repeated as often as feels good for you, but as with anything new, always start gently and build up your regime as your body becomes accustomed. We recommend starting with a gentle ‘stretch’ treatment on level 1 and waiting at least 48 hours before the next treatment. Then slowly build up to daily or twice daily treatments, as desired.
Please note: We recommend checking the support manual if you have a medical condition before purchasing or using STRETCH
- Customer ReviewsHoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is rated out of 5 by 69.Rated 5 out of 5 by PhoenixB from Stretch mat I bought this to help me get back into yoga after being unwell, it's easy to use good quality and has good programs on it, I've used it everyday and really do feel the difference in my back, hips, neck and shoulders. Different intensity settings so you get the right stretch to help keep you supple. Highly recommend.Date published: 2019-01-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Hein from very enjoyable product Its still earlydays but so far I enjoy the experience with the mat very much. as it sais on the tin, it is very relaxing and also stretching a bit. I will carry on trying to increase the intensity but I am very hopeful.Date published: 2019-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Owensg from I love this Mat and it works. After only using for one week I can feel the benefits, far less aches and pains.Date published: 2019-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Daz from Excellent Very good piece of equipment and much cheaper than visiting a chiropractor.Date published: 2019-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Bazzag from Stretch mat stretches me Stretch mat gives a good and gentle movement for the back and neck. Only had for a week but feeling looser in the back alreadyDate published: 2019-01-02Rated 4 out of 5 by Muscle tense from Eases stressed shoulders Got it out of the box same evening it arrived. Slept like a log that night. Very relaxing. I could feel the positive effect in my spine and shoulders. I have recommended it to two colleagues at work.Date published: 2019-01-01Rated 3 out of 5 by fastlemon from Back Stretch Mat I bought this Stretch Mat as a Christmas present for my wife. Pros: - It works quite well and the various programmes do give one a bit of a workout - When folded it can be stored easily, for example under a bed or behind a door Cons: - It's a rather scruffy looking thing, perhaps the choice of colour makes it look dirty - It's very expensive - In terms of what it achieves from a wellbeing perspective, it's not great value for moneyDate published: 2018-12-29Rated 3 out of 5 by Tess from Surprise gift To my surprise..my partner bought me this as Christmas gift from argos. Very excited to use and tried it and did feel really good aboit it. Unfortunately tgere was a fault on one side so today he took it back to argos and replaced it. This one i now have has definitely been used so feeling very frustrated as no more in stock at Argos. Rang the makers helpline who whilst quite helpful can't replace until we return it.....am still hopeful just wish I didn't have to wait.....Date published: 2018-12-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Johnny 5 from Wife loves it We've only had it a couple of days but the wife thinks it's great. She had a sore back and she says it's much better now.Date published: 2018-12-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Al1313 from Great product I bought this 2 weeks ago and used it every day, it is a fantastic product and really does stretch you but not in an uncomfortable way. I have tried all 4 programs and if I position my body higher or lower on the mat then it feels different again and stretches different areas. It is easy to fold and put away and get back out when I use itDate published: 2018-12-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Nazrul from Excellent for the back I have intermittent back pain, and this product is amazing, rally helps to relax the muscles and works from the shoulders to the low back. I found that its best to start with the low intensity and then work your way up to increasing intensities. Also best not to use it in a full stomach.Date published: 2018-12-16Rated 5 out of 5 by Vicky91 from Fantastic I work in care and suffer with sciatica. This mat is the best thing I’ve ever bought. Stretches out my back after each shift I work and my twinges from sciatica are now almost none existent. Would massively encourage anyone who suffers with sciatica to invest in this brilliant product.Date published: 2018-12-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Belinda from CFS and spine curvature I have 4 spine curvatures and a fatigue syndrome which makes yoga too hard for me. So, the varied intensity settings and programme on this mat are really good and have helped me to start gently. My chiropractor reviewed the mat and approved. Hoping this is going to help me strengthen my back between treatments. Very pleased with thisDate published: 2018-12-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Binankii from Brilliant! I absolutely love this mat, I have been using it every day for a week now and can’t get enough. I find it very relaxing and easy to use, the results are not instant but I can feel it really stretcing my back every time I use it. Well worth the money spent.Date published: 2018-11-30Rated 4 out of 5 by Captain from Does the job I haven’t tried it yet bus my wife has. She says it is deffo helping her as she has trouble with her leg. Hopefully it will help my lower back. I’m not expecting a cure but just some relief. Quality good and stores easy.Date published: 2018-11-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Claire Joffe from I love it! This is the best money I have spent for some time. I have used the mat every day since it arrived a week ago. I feel better for doing the stretches and have even noticed improvements in my posture already. The health benefits are significant - increased flexibility, focussed breathing and relaxation whilst using the mat, general feeling of wellbeing. I haven't missed a day on the mat. I am now going to buy one for my sister. Many thanks.Date published: 2018-11-09Rated 3 out of 5 by Backwoman from Disappointed I was rather disappointed with the quality of the covering on the stretch mat, and the one delivered to me was rather mis-shapen. My mat was faulty, as the head end cushion on one side would not inflate at all, and the opposite one seemed to very much over inflate. Despite purchasing at the reduced price, I still did not feel the product was good value. Because of the faults I decided to request a refund rather than a replacement. The customer service team were very good in dealing with that.Date published: 2018-08-20Rated 5 out of 5 by Yoga student from Stretching Mat I bought this mat about a week ago for a bit of massage purposesDate published: 2018-08-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Only been using the stretch Only been using the stretch mat for one week,seems to working, so far so goodDate published: 2018-04-26Rated 4 out of 5 by Simon from Yoga mat does what it says it does The mat stretches my back and already has helped my posture and the pain in my neckDate published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Marg from Amazing back stretching mat I suffer with back and muscle pain and this mat has eased my pain every programme has eased somewhere different. Very easy to use and my family all wanting to try it out the best present I have ever bought myselfDate published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Laurelei D. from Sooooo good! IŠ—Ève only had mine a few days, but have already reaped loads of benefit from it. IŠ—Èd been suffering from strange mid-back pain I couldnŠ—Èt quite manage to stretch myself, but this gives such a nice all over stretch, the pain, which was getting quite bad, into spasm stages, has all but disappeared.Date published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Ove j. from Stretch mat Impressed with the delivery, all on time as promised, the on line ordering also no problem easy to follow. I would use you again.Date published: 2018-01-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Lisa from Amazing Absolutely brilliant I’ve had lower back pain for years but using this every other day for the past 2 weeks the pain has goneDate published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by Shirley P. from Fabulous stretch all round Order arrived very promptly. Very easy to assemble and get on with anywhere, anytime. Feels like a deep tissue massage at the same time. Need to give it a few more weeks to fully scope out the claims of this mat. Would have liked more information on which muscles are involved in the workout as I am very tight in hip flexors and hamstrings. Well made concept. A bit on the pricey side but if if does the job and gives me flexibility lost due to a desk job then price wise it is invaluable. Loving it so far. Good guarantee too.Date published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by noknics from this mat works wonders for your back great for people with back problemsDate published: 2018-01-23Rated 5 out of 5 by GRETA L. from Yomassage Very welcome, has made a tremendous addition to my home gymDate published: 2018-01-22Rated 2 out of 5 by Dot R. from Stretch massage mat Very disappointed to be sent a faulty mat, in unsealed packaging (possibly a return sent in error). Phoned company and agreed to test it out. Really like concept as severe back problems but mat was faulty. In trying to return they agreed a refund but if I wanted a replacement, would not fulfill Š—…30 day backŠ—È cover. My 30 days started from purchase of mat (even though sent a faulty one, possibly used!). Suggested I buy another one to get full cover - need to think about that as faith in Company somewhat shaken. Really sad as the mat itself shows great promise. :slightly_frowning:Date published: 2018-01-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Homedics stretch mat so far do good / hope it lasts & doesnŠ—ÈtDate published: 2018-01-16Rated 5 out of 5 by Colin L. from Stretch Mat seems to be having some effect already. I have suffered with a bad back since my early 30s. Skiing accident, riding accident boating accident and driving 30k miles a year for work.Date published: 2018-01-12
- Q & A
Can it be used for someone with a bulging disc an arthritis of the spineAs we are unable to offer any medical advise, please consult your GP regarding this question.Date published: 2018-12-05
Is there a weight limit for the user please?Hi Ceejay1973, Thank you for contacting Homedics. 120 Kg is the recommended maximum weight for this item. Kind regardsDate published: 2018-12-03
Is there a weight limit on this mat ?We have no official weight limit to the Stretch system, is has been real life tested at 120kg (18 Stone) and the system performs just fine.Date published: 2018-12-03
Can we use it 3 times a day Can I use the 4 steps one after the other