Stretch · Release · Relax
A New Way to Unwind
Discover the stretch, the release and the ultimate relaxation. Inspired by yoga-style stretches, the new HoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is preprogrammed with four sequences. Using a simple, handheld control, every treatment can be customised to perfect the intensity and suit your flexibility. STRETCH is for the yoga-less and the yoga lovers, combine your treatments with deep, slow breathing to unlock and enhance your relaxation.
“This is the best lower back stretch I’ve had. It’s so good”
It’s not breaking news that stretching every day is good for you. There are many benefits of limbering up for the day ahead whether you’re tied to the desk or staying active, stretching at least once a day can leave you feeling livelier and less stressed.
“Just the tonic for stiff backs”
Inspired by yoga, STRETCH guides you through a range of sequences, delivering the many benefits of calm and controlled stretching without leaving your mat. Every treatment has been designed by our yoga pro, the air chambers inflate gently to encourage your lumbar to stretch, release and relax.
HoMedics Back Stretching Mat
For The Best Everyday Stretches:
Tips on how to get the best from STRETCH
- By Karen Brown, Yoga instructor and Head Designer at HoMedics
1. Relax and let the mat do the work
Try to mindfully scan each part of your body during the treatment, and wherever you sense tension, consciously release that tension by allowing your body to become heavier and softer. The motion created by STRETCH will move your body without you needing to exert any effort. In fact, the more you relax, the greater the benefits will be.
2. Enhancing the twist action
For programs that include a twisting movement, the benefits can be further enhanced by adding a gentle turn of the head as described below:
• During a shoulder twist, try turning your head slowly in the direction of the twist. Allow the head to be heavy and the ear to sink down towards the mat. Move the head gently back to centre as the shoulder comes back down, before repeating on the other side.
• During a hip twist, keep the upper body relaxed and both shoulders heavy. Allow the hip to be lifted without resistance. As the right hip lifts, try turning the head to the left side and vice versa. Always move gently and return to a neutral position in between movements. If there is any discomfort in the neck, make the movements smaller or try using a pillow either side to rest the head on as you turn.
3. Using your breath
If you feel tension or slight discomfort during the treatment program, try to visualise directing your breath to the area of tension. Breathe slowly and deeply, in and out through the nose. If it feels okay, you can also try extending the out breath making it up to 50% longer than the in-breath. To get into this rhythm try counting to 4 on the in-breath and 6 on the out-breath. Sink deeper into the mat as you exhale.
4. Try varying your position on the mat
STRETCH has been cleverly designed to work for people of all different shapes and sizes. You can subtly change the feel of your treatments by moving slightly closer to either the top or bottom of the mat as you lie down. The effect will be different for everyone, dependant on your height and proportions, so give it a try and find your favourite position.
5. Get in the habit of regular treatments
Treatments can be repeated as often as feels good for you, but as with anything new, always start gently and build up your regime as your body becomes accustomed. We recommend starting with a gentle ‘stretch’ treatment on level 1 and waiting at least 48 hours before the next treatment. Then slowly build up to daily or twice daily treatments, as desired.
Please note: We recommend checking the support manual if you have a medical condition before purchasing or using STRETCH
- Customer ReviewsHoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is rated out of 5 by 52.Rated 5 out of 5 by Yoga student from Stretching Mat I bought this mat about a week ago for a bit of massage purposesDate published: 2018-08-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Only been using the stretch Only been using the stretch mat for one week,seems to working, so far so goodDate published: 2018-04-26Rated 4 out of 5 by Simon from Yoga mat does what it says it does The mat stretches my back and already has helped my posture and the pain in my neckDate published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Marg from Amazing back stretching mat I suffer with back and muscle pain and this mat has eased my pain every programme has eased somewhere different. Very easy to use and my family all wanting to try it out the best present I have ever bought myselfDate published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Laurelei D. from Sooooo good! IŠ—Ève only had mine a few days, but have already reaped loads of benefit from it. IŠ—Èd been suffering from strange mid-back pain I couldnŠ—Èt quite manage to stretch myself, but this gives such a nice all over stretch, the pain, which was getting quite bad, into spasm stages, has all but disappeared.Date published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Ove j. from Stretch mat Impressed with the delivery, all on time as promised, the on line ordering also no problem easy to follow. I would use you again.Date published: 2018-01-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Lisa from Amazing Absolutely brilliant I’ve had lower back pain for years but using this every other day for the past 2 weeks the pain has goneDate published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by Shirley P. from Fabulous stretch all round Order arrived very promptly. Very easy to assemble and get on with anywhere, anytime. Feels like a deep tissue massage at the same time. Need to give it a few more weeks to fully scope out the claims of this mat. Would have liked more information on which muscles are involved in the workout as I am very tight in hip flexors and hamstrings. Well made concept. A bit on the pricey side but if if does the job and gives me flexibility lost due to a desk job then price wise it is invaluable. Loving it so far. Good guarantee too.Date published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by noknics from this mat works wonders for your back great for people with back problemsDate published: 2018-01-23Rated 5 out of 5 by GRETA L. from Yomassage Very welcome, has made a tremendous addition to my home gymDate published: 2018-01-22Rated 2 out of 5 by Dot R. from Stretch massage mat Very disappointed to be sent a faulty mat, in unsealed packaging (possibly a return sent in error). Phoned company and agreed to test it out. Really like concept as severe back problems but mat was faulty. In trying to return they agreed a refund but if I wanted a replacement, would not fulfill Š—…30 day backŠ—È cover. My 30 days started from purchase of mat (even though sent a faulty one, possibly used!). Suggested I buy another one to get full cover - need to think about that as faith in Company somewhat shaken. Really sad as the mat itself shows great promise. :slightly_frowning:Date published: 2018-01-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Homedics stretch mat so far do good / hope it lasts & doesnŠ—ÈtDate published: 2018-01-16Rated 5 out of 5 by Colin L. from Stretch Mat seems to be having some effect already. I have suffered with a bad back since my early 30s. Skiing accident, riding accident boating accident and driving 30k miles a year for work.Date published: 2018-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by LotusExige from Great purchase Great for stretching your back, would recommendDate published: 2018-01-10Rated 5 out of 5 by pamela s. from Stretch mat Have purchased 3 for my family who love itDate published: 2018-01-10Rated 5 out of 5 by Lynne from Bought for my son I bought this for my son after purchasing one for myself we both love it.Date published: 2018-01-04Rated 1 out of 5 by willow from yoga stretch mat product was faultyDate published: 2018-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Stuart G. from Excellent!!!! Excellent product! Does exactly what it says on the tin!Date published: 2018-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Fred from The Mat worked as described The only issue with the device is that it had been opened and used so I have no idea if there will be any problems with it in future. This could be seen as the box was not sealed and also the Velcro strips on the head rest had been removed and put back on. Also the operating manual was creased.Date published: 2017-12-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Annie from Great piece of equipment Very relaxing. I noticed a difference in my mobility after first use. Use it about 5 days a week. Noticed that my posture has improved.Date published: 2017-12-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Loulou32 from Very effective and relaxing I have only used this item on 1 of the 4 settings and on 2 speeds so my review is limited but the programs I have used are very good and really stretch your back. I suffer with tightness in my shoulders and lower back and I feel so much better once I've had a session on this mat which I do on a daily basis. I also feel very relaxed all over afterwards. I intend building up my usage gradually. I would definitely recommend it. My husband also uses it.Date published: 2017-12-29Rated 5 out of 5 by CM from Stretch and go This product really makes your back stretch! Bought for my husband and he loves what it’s doing for his back. Relaxing as it works your back for you.Date published: 2017-12-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Trisha from Yoga mat is great Yoga mat is suitable for everyone. 3 levels and 4 different programmes. Tried them all so has the family Good value and a yoga class in the comfort of your own home. Highly recommended.Date published: 2017-12-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Monica D. from Impressive For a long time now, moving around has been accompanied with twinges and aches in my entire back & shoulders. It has felt stiff and knotted and I've been concious of its mobility slowly diminishing.Date published: 2017-12-21Rated 3 out of 5 by maurice c. from back massager unable to give complete review as not had the item for long andnot tried all the applications , what I have tried deserves a three star.Date published: 2017-12-18Rated 5 out of 5 by Christopher M. from Back stretcher mat. Brilliant. This has really helped my degeneration of spine.Date published: 2017-12-12Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Stretching Mat The product when it worked was good but the operating sequence / cycle did not function correctly . Initial customer support was good and replacement agreed with out any problems, the supply of the replacements was slow and customer support could not tell me when it would be received only that it was proceeding which is unsatisfactory for replacement of faulty goods.Date published: 2017-12-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Kevin A. from Excellent product Excellent product. Does exactly what it says it will do! Very happy with it.Date published: 2017-12-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Stretch Finding stretch really helpfulDate published: 2017-11-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Just great! I would definitely Just great! I would definitely recommend STRETCH Back Streching Mat to any of my friends.Date published: 2017-11-21
- Q & A