Stretch · Release · Relax
A New Way to Unwind
Discover the stretch, the release and the ultimate relaxation. Inspired by yoga-style stretches, the new HoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is preprogrammed with four sequences. Using a simple, handheld control, every treatment can be customised to perfect the intensity and suit your flexibility. STRETCH is for the yoga-less and the yoga lovers, combine your treatments with deep, slow breathing to unlock and enhance your relaxation.
“This is the best lower back stretch I’ve had. It’s so good”
It’s not breaking news that stretching every day is good for you. There are many benefits of limbering up for the day ahead whether you’re tied to the desk or staying active, stretching at least once a day can leave you feeling livelier and less stressed.
“Just the tonic for stiff backs”
Inspired by yoga, STRETCH guides you through a range of sequences, delivering the many benefits of calm and controlled stretching without leaving your mat. Every treatment has been designed by our yoga pro, the air chambers inflate gently to encourage your lumbar to stretch, release and relax.
HoMedics Back Stretching Mat
For The Best Everyday Stretches:
Tips on how to get the best from STRETCH
- By Karen Brown, Yoga instructor and Head Designer at HoMedics
1. Relax and let the mat do the work
Try to mindfully scan each part of your body during the treatment, and wherever you sense tension, consciously release that tension by allowing your body to become heavier and softer. The motion created by STRETCH will move your body without you needing to exert any effort. In fact, the more you relax, the greater the benefits will be.
2. Enhancing the twist action
For programs that include a twisting movement, the benefits can be further enhanced by adding a gentle turn of the head as described below:
• During a shoulder twist, try turning your head slowly in the direction of the twist. Allow the head to be heavy and the ear to sink down towards the mat. Move the head gently back to centre as the shoulder comes back down, before repeating on the other side.
• During a hip twist, keep the upper body relaxed and both shoulders heavy. Allow the hip to be lifted without resistance. As the right hip lifts, try turning the head to the left side and vice versa. Always move gently and return to a neutral position in between movements. If there is any discomfort in the neck, make the movements smaller or try using a pillow either side to rest the head on as you turn.
3. Using your breath
If you feel tension or slight discomfort during the treatment program, try to visualise directing your breath to the area of tension. Breathe slowly and deeply, in and out through the nose. If it feels okay, you can also try extending the out breath making it up to 50% longer than the in-breath. To get into this rhythm try counting to 4 on the in-breath and 6 on the out-breath. Sink deeper into the mat as you exhale.
4. Try varying your position on the mat
STRETCH has been cleverly designed to work for people of all different shapes and sizes. You can subtly change the feel of your treatments by moving slightly closer to either the top or bottom of the mat as you lie down. The effect will be different for everyone, dependant on your height and proportions, so give it a try and find your favourite position.
5. Get in the habit of regular treatments
Treatments can be repeated as often as feels good for you, but as with anything new, always start gently and build up your regime as your body becomes accustomed. We recommend starting with a gentle ‘stretch’ treatment on level 1 and waiting at least 48 hours before the next treatment. Then slowly build up to daily or twice daily treatments, as desired.
Please note: We recommend checking the support manual if you have a medical condition before purchasing or using STRETCH
- Customer ReviewsHoMedics STRETCH Back Stretching Mat is rated out of 5 by 73.Rated 5 out of 5 by Summer69 from Great Does exactly what it claims to do. I use it twice a day and have quickly progressed from the genital settings to intensive. It is a great way to unwind after a hard day at the office.Date published: 2019-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Steve 16 from Great product Bought product after family member bought one for Christmas present.used it and thought I need one of these.Date published: 2019-01-08Rated 5 out of 5 by Chandarb from Excellent mat Bought this a few weeks ago. Arrived on time I have used this for the 2-weeks and found it to be very affecting in stretching the different element of the back, in a controlled way. It has four modes and three strength levels. Still working through things, but my initial thoughts are it was money well spent. I would recommend. Be warned its not cheapDate published: 2019-01-08Rated 5 out of 5 by Chslkie from Stretch mat Only tried it once but impressed so far! Hoping to be de everyday once I get rid of my cold!Date published: 2019-01-08Rated 5 out of 5 by PhoenixB from Stretch mat I bought this to help me get back into yoga after being unwell, it's easy to use good quality and has good programs on it, I've used it everyday and really do feel the difference in my back, hips, neck and shoulders. Different intensity settings so you get the right stretch to help keep you supple. Highly recommend.Date published: 2019-01-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Hein from very enjoyable product Its still earlydays but so far I enjoy the experience with the mat very much. as it sais on the tin, it is very relaxing and also stretching a bit. I will carry on trying to increase the intensity but I am very hopeful.Date published: 2019-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Owensg from I love this Mat and it works. After only using for one week I can feel the benefits, far less aches and pains.Date published: 2019-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Daz from Excellent Very good piece of equipment and much cheaper than visiting a chiropractor.Date published: 2019-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Bazzag from Stretch mat stretches me Stretch mat gives a good and gentle movement for the back and neck. Only had for a week but feeling looser in the back alreadyDate published: 2019-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Johnny 5 from Wife loves it We've only had it a couple of days but the wife thinks it's great. She had a sore back and she says it's much better now.Date published: 2018-12-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Al1313 from Great product I bought this 2 weeks ago and used it every day, it is a fantastic product and really does stretch you but not in an uncomfortable way. I have tried all 4 programs and if I position my body higher or lower on the mat then it feels different again and stretches different areas. It is easy to fold and put away and get back out when I use itDate published: 2018-12-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Nazrul from Excellent for the back I have intermittent back pain, and this product is amazing, rally helps to relax the muscles and works from the shoulders to the low back. I found that its best to start with the low intensity and then work your way up to increasing intensities. Also best not to use it in a full stomach.Date published: 2018-12-16Rated 5 out of 5 by Vicky123 from Fantastic I work in care and suffer with sciatica. This mat is the best thing I’ve ever bought. Stretches out my back after each shift I work and my twinges from sciatica are now almost none existent. Would massively encourage anyone who suffers with sciatica to invest in this brilliant product.Date published: 2018-12-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Belinda from CFS and spine curvature I have 4 spine curvatures and a fatigue syndrome which makes yoga too hard for me. So, the varied intensity settings and programme on this mat are really good and have helped me to start gently. My chiropractor reviewed the mat and approved. Hoping this is going to help me strengthen my back between treatments. Very pleased with thisDate published: 2018-12-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Binankii from Brilliant! I absolutely love this mat, I have been using it every day for a week now and can’t get enough. I find it very relaxing and easy to use, the results are not instant but I can feel it really stretcing my back every time I use it. Well worth the money spent.Date published: 2018-11-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Claire Joffe from I love it! This is the best money I have spent for some time. I have used the mat every day since it arrived a week ago. I feel better for doing the stretches and have even noticed improvements in my posture already. The health benefits are significant - increased flexibility, focussed breathing and relaxation whilst using the mat, general feeling of wellbeing. I haven't missed a day on the mat. I am now going to buy one for my sister. Many thanks.Date published: 2018-11-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Yoga student from Stretching Mat I bought this mat about a week ago for a bit of massage purposesDate published: 2018-08-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Only been using the stretch Only been using the stretch mat for one week,seems to working, so far so goodDate published: 2018-04-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Marg from Amazing back stretching mat I suffer with back and muscle pain and this mat has eased my pain every programme has eased somewhere different. Very easy to use and my family all wanting to try it out the best present I have ever bought myselfDate published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Laurelei D. from Sooooo good! IŠ—Ève only had mine a few days, but have already reaped loads of benefit from it. IŠ—Èd been suffering from strange mid-back pain I couldnŠ—Èt quite manage to stretch myself, but this gives such a nice all over stretch, the pain, which was getting quite bad, into spasm stages, has all but disappeared.Date published: 2018-01-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Ove j. from Stretch mat Impressed with the delivery, all on time as promised, the on line ordering also no problem easy to follow. I would use you again.Date published: 2018-01-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Lisa from Amazing Absolutely brilliant I’ve had lower back pain for years but using this every other day for the past 2 weeks the pain has goneDate published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by Shirley P. from Fabulous stretch all round Order arrived very promptly. Very easy to assemble and get on with anywhere, anytime. Feels like a deep tissue massage at the same time. Need to give it a few more weeks to fully scope out the claims of this mat. Would have liked more information on which muscles are involved in the workout as I am very tight in hip flexors and hamstrings. Well made concept. A bit on the pricey side but if if does the job and gives me flexibility lost due to a desk job then price wise it is invaluable. Loving it so far. Good guarantee too.Date published: 2018-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by noknics from this mat works wonders for your back great for people with back problemsDate published: 2018-01-23Rated 5 out of 5 by GRETA L. from Yomassage Very welcome, has made a tremendous addition to my home gymDate published: 2018-01-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Homedics stretch mat so far do good / hope it lasts & doesnŠ—ÈtDate published: 2018-01-16Rated 5 out of 5 by Colin L. from Stretch Mat seems to be having some effect already. I have suffered with a bad back since my early 30s. Skiing accident, riding accident boating accident and driving 30k miles a year for work.Date published: 2018-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by LotusExige from Great purchase Great for stretching your back, would recommendDate published: 2018-01-10Rated 5 out of 5 by pamela s. from Stretch mat Have purchased 3 for my family who love itDate published: 2018-01-10Rated 5 out of 5 by Lynne from Bought for my son I bought this for my son after purchasing one for myself we both love it.Date published: 2018-01-04
- Q & A
Is this suitable for someone with C5 paraplegia ? If so can this mat be used on a bed and not a hard floor as it would be ideal to assist user onto mat whilst in bed if the mattress is firm as trying to assist user onto a floor would be difficult. ThanksDear AIS user, In regards to the medical condition we would always recommend contacting your medical professional as they have all the information for the case and can make an informed decision. Yes you can use this on a bed however it will be more effective when used on a solid surface as the matt uses air to expand and contract. When placed on a hard surface the air pressure can only move in an upwards direction which provides the full effect. Kind Regards, HoMedics Customer Services.Date published: 2018-12-20
What is the wattage? It doesn't say anywhere on manual or on your websiteDear Anna777, The wattage of the Streaching mat is 36W. Kind Regards HoMedics Customer ServicesDate published: 2018-12-20
Can this massage aswell?Dear Prita, The Stretch mat does not have a massage function. Kind Regards HoMedics Customer ServicesDate published: 2018-12-18
Can this be used in bed at nightDear Pippa, We would not recommend using the stretching mat in bed at night. The mat is designed to be used 2-3 times per day for 15-30 minutes per use. Kind Regards HoMedics Customer ServicesDate published: 2018-12-14
Hi, 6ft 4” tall... are there any limits on height with this product...?Dear BigDee, We have tested this item with a 6ft 3" man and he could use this comfortably. We do have a 30 day returns policy so in the case that you did not find it suitable you would still be able to return for a refund. Kind regards, HoMedics Customer Services.Date published: 2018-12-06
Can I use it with cervical stenosis? Dear Ej33, We always recommend that you consult your medical professional as they have all the information required to inform you if the item would be suitable for you. Kind regards HoMedics customer services.Date published: 2018-12-06
Can it be used for someone with a bulging disc an arthritis of the spineAs we are unable to offer any medical advise, please consult your GP regarding this question.Date published: 2018-12-05
Is there a weight limit for the user please?Hi Ceejay1973, Thank you for contacting Homedics. 120 Kg is the recommended maximum weight for this item. Kind regardsDate published: 2018-12-03
Is there a weight limit on this mat ?We have no official weight limit to the Stretch system, is has been real life tested at 120kg (18 Stone) and the system performs just fine.Date published: 2018-12-03
Can we use it 3 times a day Can I use the 4 steps one after the other